Welcome to the GREEN SCREEN Festival 2021!
The International Wildlife Film Festival GREEN SCREEN is the most popular festival for nature documentaries in Europe and an important international industry meeting place for professionals. Every year, thousands of nature-loving film fans watch the best films from all over the world at GREEN SCREEN. A diverse youth program rounds off the festival days in September.
From 04-12 September 2021, all nominated and additionally selected films will be shown in Eckernförde. In parallel, some films can also be seen online. Due to the current situation, the festival will also be extended this year from the usual five to 16 festival days. A selection of films will be presented in cinemas in various cities in Schleswig-Holstein from September 13 - 19.
The program for professional visitors is concentrated in the period from September 8-12.
GREEN SCREEN - But Safe!
Dear GREEN SCREEN visitors,
to ensure that your film event is a lasting pleasure for all, even in Corona times, please observe the following hygiene rules:
- The back of your admission ticket is also the contact form. Please fill out your ticket before the event and drop it in the container provided at the entrance. Please carry an ID card with you at the event.
- After admission, you (or your group) will be seated by a GREEN SCREEN volunteer. Please do not leave your seats during the event. No more tickets will be sold than the number of people who can be safely seated with the necessary spacing.
- Please keep at least 1.5 meters distance to other people at all times. This applies in the OpenAir waiting area in front of the show venue and in the event space.
- Always wear a mouth/nose covering*. You may only remove it when seated.
- Disinfect your hands immediately after entering the show venue.
- Sneeze into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief.
There is no mandatory testing at our open-air events. A mouth guard* does not need to be worn at the seating area. However, an approved mouth-nose protector* must be worn from the point of entry until you reach your seat, as well as from your seat to the point of exit, and at all times when you leave your own seat.
For our indoor events, a mouth-nose guard* must be worn from the time of admission until the person reaches their seat, as well as from their seat to the exit and at all times when leaving their own seat.
The hygiene and protection measures on this page are continuously updated in accordance with the applicable state ordinance (Schleswig-Holstein). Please also inform yourself at short notice before your festival visit about the hygiene regulations valid at that time, which you will find here on this page.
The regulations are subject to change at short notice. If possible, please inform yourself again on the day of the events here about the currently valid regulations.
Note: Please note that the hygiene concepts of the participating cinemas may differ. Please contact the respective cinema for more information.
Please note that by purchasing and using a ticket, you assure to comply with our hygiene and protection measures as well as the current legal requirements for the containment of the pandemic. We thank you for your understanding.
* FFP2, FFP3, N95, KN95, P2, DS2, KF94
Countdown to the Festival 2021
In its 15th festival season, Green Screen will offer a large programme. Around 100 documentaries chosen from worldwide entries will be presented in Eckernfoerde from 4 - 12 September.
South African Documentary “My Octopus Teacher” Winner of Green Screen International Wildlife Film Festival
Eckernfoerde, 12th September, 2020. On Saturday, this year’s winners of the 14th Green Screen International Wildlife Film Festival were announced at Eckernfoerde. Festival director and tv host Dirk...
Dear GREEN SCREEN guests, dear citizens of Eckernfoerde,
We are delighted that the 2020 GREEN SCREEN Festival is taking place despite the Corona pandemic and associated limitations.
Programme overview and tickets from 1 August