- Born in 1962, ambassador for the city of Baden-Baden, currently living near Hamburg with his family
- Researcher, extreme diver, prize-winning documentary filmmaker, especially underwater films
- Writer and director for ZDF / Discovery, ARD, NDR, Arte, SFB, ORF, Spiegel TV and others
- Founded his own production company in 1995
- Employee at Spiegel TV from 2003-2005
- Inspired by explorers such as Christopher Columbus, Alexander von Humboldt and freediving pioneer Jacques Mayol
- Several future projects are in the planning stage, among them a book summing up many of his life experiences in a fictional narrative.