Whether it's a turtle, a puma or a praying mantis - every year an animal from the official festival poster looks nature film enthusiasts in the eye and invites them to watch outstanding nature films. Now GREEN SCREEN is looking for the poster motif for 2023.
Until April 3, 2023, amateur and professional photographers worldwide have the opportunity to submit their fascinating or amazing animal portraits. Prerequisite: In the picture, an animal looks at the viewer and the picture tells a story - just like a good nature film.
A jury of experts will review the submissions and determine the winner. The winning image will be announced in April and will advertise the festival on program booklets, posters, the website and social media for a year starting in July 2023. In addition to the winning motif, a selection of other submissions will be on display during the festival in Eckernförde from September 6 to 10.
- Submission Form
Requirements for submitting a motif:
• The animal(s) depicted is/are a wild animal(s).
• The wildlife animal(s) should, at best, have been photographed in its natural environment.
• The animal(s) is looking at the viewer with at least one eye.
• The subject should tell a story (if applicable, there is a title of the photograph). As an example, the 2022 poster motif shows a young sea turtle that has made it into the ocean and has been and continues to be exposed to its enemies above and below the water. The photo is titled "Against all odds" by Hannah Le Leu from Australia). The story and title, if applicable, must be entered in the space provided in the submission form.
• The motif must work in the required formats (see Conditions of Participation item 3 (1)).
• The logo provided for download (in 3 color variants) must be used on the format templates (portrait, landscape, square). The original image is excluded from this.-> Download Logo
• Further, the date (06 - 10 September 2023) must be placed on the style sheets.
• Collages are allowed under consideration of the previous points.
- Conditions of Participation
Conditions of Participation for the "GREEN SCREEN Poster Competition Key Visual 2023" and its implementation are governed by the following provisions:
1. Organizer, Participation
(1) The photo competition is organized by the GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V..
(3) Participation must take place within the deadline specified in the photo competition (March 03 to April 03, 2023). The electronically recorded receipt upon completion of the online form serves to verify that the deadline has been met.
(1) Participation is open to both amateur and professional photographers over the age of 18. Employees of GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. are excluded from the competition.
(2) In order to participate in the photo competition, it is absolutely necessary that all personal details are true. Otherwise, an exclusion according to point 6 may occur.
3. Further participation requirements, procedure and contents
(1) Participants may submit one motif per submission with four pictures (DIN A format portrait and landscape, square and the original picture) free of charge. The motif or these four images must be submitted within the online form on www.greenscreen-festival.de/en/postercompetition/ in JPEG format.
(2) The following additional information about the submitter (if applicable also for the photographer of the original image if he/she is not the submitter) must be provided in the online form:
• First name and surname
• Address, place of residence with zip code
• Contact details (e-mail, telephone number (optional))
• Download link, password if applicable
• Short picture description: What does the picture show? Who is the photographer? (if different from the submitter)
(3) The submitted original image (not the format examples) must be at least 1080 pixels x 1080 pixels in size. The file size must not exceed 20 megabytes.
(4) Post-processing of images with an appropriate program (e.g. Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom) is permitted as long as the original character of the motif is preserved. The requested formats (portrait, landscape, square) must be provided with the logo stored in the online form and the date of the Wildlife Film Festival. Only the original image remains without the graphic elements provided. GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. reserves the right to make subsequent adjustments to the graphic elements for the winning motif.
(5) Participation is only possible via the online form by providing the information mentioned in 3.2. Entries sent in any other way will not be accepted.
(6) After submitting the online form, the participant will receive an automatically generated response, in which it is pointed out once again that he/she accepts the conditions of participation and the data protection declaration of this photo competition, unless he/she declares the opposite by revocation to the e-mail email@example.com within two days after completing the submission in the online form. After the expiration of the seven days, the submission may not be withdrawn.
(7) Each correctly submitted motif will be examined and evaluated by the expert jury appointed by GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V.. There is no right to publication.
(8) The participants agree to the use and storage of their data solely for the purposes of this photo competition.
(9) The images submitted as part of the photo competition may not be considered obscene, insulting, defamatory, ethically offensive, glorifying violence, pornographic, harassing, unsuitable for minors, racist, inciting hatred, xenophobic, radical right-wing and/or otherwise reprehensible. The submission of such images will result in exclusion from the photo competition in accordance with point 6 of these conditions of participation.
(10) GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. reserves the right to delete uploaded pictures after publication without giving reasons.
(1) A cash prize of 1,000 Euros will be awarded for the winning motif. The prize is financed by the sponsoring association GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V.. Cash payment of the prizes is excluded.
(2) A jury of experts appointed by GREEN SCREEN e.V. will decide by majority vote on a selection of approximately 20 images from all submissions, which will be presented at an exhibition organized as part of the GREEN SCREEN Wildlife Film Festival in September 2023 and online. Furthermore, the jury will decide the winning motif from the selected 20 images.
(3) The winner and the participants of the 20 selected images will be notified by GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. via email and may be published by name on www.greenscreen-festival.de, as well as on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and the participants expressly agree to this form of publication.
(4) If the winner does not respond within a period of seven days after sending the prize notification, the claim to the prize will be forfeited.
5. Rights of use, Release from liability by the participant
(1) All participants grant GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. the non-exclusive rights of use, limited to one year in terms of space and time, including the right to optimize the image for the use in media and to show it as part of an exhibition, free of charge for the purpose of carrying out the competition, promoting it and reporting on it. It is irrelevant in which media this is done (print, online, cinematic and social media portals such as Instagram). Also included is use for public relations work for the competition and exhibitions with the award-winning images, such as exhibition posters, invitations, e-cards and, if applicable, catalogs accompanying the competition.
(2) A motif used in this way will be marked by GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. with the corresponding copyright as follows: "© First Name Last Name".
(3) The participants assure that they can dispose of the aforementioned rights and that the submitted picture originates solely from them personally, that they have all rights to the submitted picture, that they have the unrestricted exploitation rights to all parts of the picture, that the picture is free of third party rights and that no personal rights are violated in the depiction of persons. In the case of persons, works, trademarks or other objects depicted therein, the participants have obtained the necessary consent from the persons concerned. The participants will provide written assurance of the above upon request. Should third parties nevertheless assert claims for infringement of their rights, the participants shall indemnify the organizer against all claims.
6. Premature termination of the photo competition and exclusion from the contest
(1) GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. reserves the right to interrupt or terminate the photo competition at any time without prior notice and without giving reasons. GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. shall make use of this possibility in particular if the scheduled course of events is disturbed or impeded, such as in the event of hacker attacks on the website, for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons if proper implementation of the photo competition cannot be guaranteed.
(2) The organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition in case of violation of the conditions of participation or in case of attempts to inadmissibly influence the course of the contest.
(3) Persons who use unauthorized aids or otherwise obtain advantages through manipulation will also be excluded. In such cases, winnings may also be subsequently disallowed and reclaimed.
(4) Any person who provides false personal data shall also be excluded.
GREEN SCREEN Festival e.V. assumes no liability for the unlicensed use of the images by third parties.
8. Data Protection Statement
(2) The submitted motifs will be passed on for the purpose of publication by participating third parties (magazine editors or exhibition organization) exclusively in the context of the photo competition (reporting on it, award ceremony, etc.). The participants expressly agree to this. The picture will be provided with a copyright notice according to 5.2: "© First Name Last Name".
(3) The data entered by the participants will be stored exclusively for the purpose of carrying out the competition and the associated public relations work and will be deleted once the purpose has been achieved. The data of the participant whose motif emerges as the winning motif from the photo competition will be stored for the purpose of carrying out the competition and the associated public relations work, as well as for the period of use (one year from publication) and deleted after expiry of the period of use. The data will not be transmitted to third parties and will not be used for advertising purposes.
9. The legal process is excluded. German law applies.
- Poster 2007 - 2022